Who will benefit from the course?
Anyone who is involved with or who has responsibility for the safety of storage equipment. Due to the nature of the course and to ensure that attendees receive the best instruction possible, the course is generally limited to 6 delegates. Delegates should provide their own PPE for the course.
Course Content & Duration
This is a one-day rack inspection course which will be conducted by an experienced SEMA Qualified Inspector/Trainer.
This type of course is best suited to being carried out at your premises since your own staff will be in a suitable environment for the inspection that they will carry out following the training; they can have training on the actual racking.
A typical course will take place over 4 – 5 hours and will involve classroom theory and Legal Obligation awareness, together with a practical evaluation in the warehouse.
The course covers the following aspects;
- How racking is designed and the importance of its structure
- How to identify and classify defects to the racking
- The SEMA/EN15635 tolerances and defect classifications
- What necessary action is to be taken following the identification of defects
- A practical inspection element in your own warehouse
The training pack will include;
- One copy of HSG76 (Warehousing and Storage – a guide to health and safety)
- A full set of course notes per delegate
- The essential tools and equipment to carry out a racking inspection (1 x Straight edge for the site and a racking damage tolerance gauge for each delegate)
- Individual Certificates will be issued following satisfactory training
On course completion, delegates will be able to:
- Name and understand the components that comprise a racking system
- Understand the legal responsibilities and the reasons why racking needs to be inspected and risk assessed
- Demonstrate an awareness of the risks involved in carrying out rack inspections
- Understand the common causes of a racking collapse and how they can be prevented
- Identify hazards that may adversely affect the safety of a racking structure
- Carry out a suitable and sufficient risk assessment of racking to meet legal requirements
- Understand how loads can affect the use of racking and how safe working load data should be displayed on the racking
On the Day
The training is classroom and warehouse based and includes a series of individual and group activities. The afternoon session includes practical assessments and a multiple-choice question paper.
On completing the course delegates will receive detailed course notes and the Company will receive a training certificate
Interested in this course?
To book the Racking Inspection training course, please contact us through the methods on our contact page.