Who will benefit from the course?
Anyone who is involved with or has responsibility for the safe maintenance of storage equipment. Due to the nature of the course and to ensure that attendees receive the best instruction possible, the course is limited to 6 delegates. Delegates should provide their own PPE for the course.
There should be at least one delegate who is competent to operate the site’s own scissor lift.
Course Content & Duration
This is a one-day Racking Maintenance course that will be conducted by an experienced SEMA Qualified Inspector/Trainer.
This type of course is best suited to being carried out at your premises since your own staff will be in a suitable environment for the maintenance that they will carry out following the training; they will be having training on the actual racking.
A typical course will take place over 6 hours and will involve classroom theory and Legal Obligation awareness (2 hours), together with applied practical training in the warehouse.
The course covers the following aspects;
- Replacing front/rear upright to 12 metres in height
- Replacing front/rear beams
- Replacing spliced lower/upper leg sections
- Replacing beam locks
- Replacing run spacers
- Replacing portal ties
- Replacing welded pallet racking frame (to 10.0 m in height)
- Replacing footplates
- Cutting off floor fixings – reciprocating saw
- Replacing a front support leg structure
The training pack will include;
- One copy of HSG76 (Warehousing and Storage – a guide to health and safety)
- A full set of detailed course notes per delegate
On course completion, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the legal responsibilities and the reasons why racking needs to be maintained and risk assessed
- Demonstrate an awareness of the risks involved in carrying out racking maintenance
- Identify hazards that may adversely affect the safety of a racking maintenance
- Carry out a suitable and sufficient risk assessment of racking maintenance to meet legal requirements
On the Day
The training is classroom and warehouse based and includes a series of individual and group activities. The warehouse practical session includes hands-on training and a multiple-choice question paper.
On completing the course delegates will receive detailed course notes and the Company will receive a training certificate.
Interested in this course?
To book the Racking Maintenance Training Course, please contact us through the methods on our contact page.